How to Make Centerpieces With Artificial Flowers
Ever wanted to make your own centrepiece? Here's how to do it using artificial flowers and distilled water.
1. Decide on a theme and find your supplies
You'll need to decide on the size of the centrepiece needed as well as the colours you are going to use. You will need to find some sort of glass holder - consider buying two or three with differing heights to add interest. Decide if you would like to add floating candles - if you do, then a larger holder will be required. Votive candles, doilies or glass stones might also be something to consider to add to the "wow" factor of your centrepiece.
2. Select your silk / artificial flowers - use the most realistic looking flowers
3. Use distilled water - it not only inhibits bacterial growth but it provides the best clarity.
4. Now you are ready to create you centrepiece! Wash the glass containers carefully.
5. Size the flowers to fit the containers and trim the stems if necessary.
6. Add the water to the holders, almost to the top.
7. Add the glass stones (if required) and flowers to the holder - press the flowers underneath the water so that they remain submerged.
8. Float a candle above the arrangement
9. Top off each holder carefully with water until nearly full and you're done!
Contact Fabulous Flowers to find out what glorious seasonal flowers are available for your centrepiece.