Motherhood is without doubt the most abundant life lesson and natural role that a woman will ever have in her life time. It is knighthood of sorts in many ways!
The moment a child is placed in your care for safe-keeping, the universe levels the playing field and a mother is born simultaneously. An infant requires nurturing of both body and soul to flourish just as a caregiver is molded with lessons of patience, understanding and humility.
Motherhood announces herself loudly and clearly when she enters the world. She arrives as the most intimate and close friend - yet, she is an uncertain stranger who you will only come to know over time.
Motherhood doesn’t arrive with a sparkly mommy manual in her handbag for a new mom; rather she enters with a non-refundable, lifetime guarantee of Love, Pride, Embarrassment, Frustration, Happiness, Anger, Guilt, Vulnerability, Inadequacy and Fulfillment. Motherhood is a roller-coaster of emotion with some days enjoying just a few of the ratifying emotions mentioned above and other days teeming with all of those raw feelings thrust into one! It is an intense up-and-down, giddy, side-to-side; skull-numbing experience and certainly, any mother can wear her Mommy Cap or T-shirt with pride!
On a calmer note, the ultimate metaphor for Motherhood is being the Tree of Life within a family.
- Mother’s through all their deeds of love provide an environment for you to breathe in just as trees grant us oxygen.
- Trees are majestic, awe-inspiring, commanding and beautiful just like every mom is to her child.
- A mom celebrates her parenting life with birthmarks and dark circles around her eyes just as a tree shows its age and experience with tree rings. It is an accepted understanding that both mothers and trees should have thick skin.
- Just like trees, some moms are the best jungle gyms to climb and swing from. Moms offer us a place of solace and shade during good times and bad.
- Mothers carry off the greatest balancing act juggling children, work, activities, hobbies, admin and chores just as a tree needs to hold all its branches and the life systems it supports.
- Mothers quietly drive important functions and inspire their children to make things happen in their lives just as leaves whisper in the garden and trees make all life possible in the surrounding environment.
- Mothers have deep roots just as a healthy tree does. They both provide the nutrients, values and connectedness that their branches/ children need to be successful and strong.
This year you can pay tribute to that special lady in your life on Mother’s Day.
The time is nigh to think about Mother’s Day gift ideas and of course ultimately securing the perfect Mother’s Day gifts to express your love and gratitude. Nobody knows your mom better than you do and there is no limit when it comes to gifts for mum as long as it comes from the heart.
Here are a few gift ideas for mom that would make unique Mother’s Day presents:
- Mother’s Day cards with quirky designs using their child’s hand or footprint are ideal gifts for mothers with young children or infants.
- Scenic Walks: Take your mom to her favourite beach, vantage point, or lookout. Enjoy the outdoors and be active. You could incorporate other presents for mom like a homemade picnic and capturing plenty of special moments on camera; gifting these to her later.
- Mother’s Day Coupons: allow kids to show their independence by making breakfast in bed, making mom a cup of tea or coffee, washing the car, tidying their room or feeding the pets as gifts for Mother’s Day!
- “All about Mom” Questionnaires: this keepsake survey captures your child’s honest candid answers about “all-things Mom.” This can be done every year and its heartwarming to look back at the answers and see how your child has developed and how your relationship is changing. These are lasting Mother Day gifts to treasure in years to come.
- Pamper mom with easy at-home Spa treatments as her Mother’s Day gift. Create a body salt scrub, a tropical face mask and use her favourite bubble bath with rose petals. Older children could offer a manicure or pedicure and certainly, a back/shoulder or foot massage would be the ultimate in gifts for mom amongst these Mother’s Day ideas.
FABULOUS Mother's Day Gifts & Flowers from this Cape Town Florist & Gift Shop
Looking for gorgeous Mother's Day flowers & gift ideas? Browse our range of fresh flowers, gifts and hampers to order the best gift for your mom. Buy gifts online for fabulous flower delivery to your door.
Florist in Cape Town, Fabulous Flowers specializes in beautiful bouquets, arrangements, gifts, events & weddings.
There are many ways we can be of service to you visit our store in Cavendish Close to send Flowers and Gifts or shop online with us for Same Day and Next Day Flower Delivery Cape Town.
About the Author:
Michelle Gross is a Cape Town based blogger originally from a Travel & Tourism background. Having been a stay-at-home mom for several years she is now discovering new passions: writing being one!
In her free time she enjoys reading and bookclub, gym and Park Run events, karate, socialising with friends, meeting new people and the exploring the Cape Winelands.